Saturday, June 28, 2008

GETTIN DIRTY


Off-road Fixation fielded two teams for the Dirty Duo at Shawnee Mission Park last weekend. Bonk Hard racing has put together another big hitting race as 123 teams of two showed up to toe the line. The race consisted of a six mile course where the two person teams took turns running or riding, exchanging the bike after completing a mystery challenge at each mile marker. The race ended with a 25 yard mud pit that the athletes had to crawl through. Fun stuff for sure!!

John and Amanda took third in their age division for coeds and placed about 12th overall. Amanda's brother Augey and Justin Montgomery entered the all male division. They must not have raced under the ORF name as I couldn't find them in the results but they looked like they did well when they passed me about mid race.

Nancy Day and Amy Elmore raced together for Amy's first adventure since I did my first race with her back in 2005. They ended up taking 1st in their age group and 2nd overall female team. Nancy's daughter, Hannah joined in the fun and did the Jr race. You guys rock!

I ended up volunteering for this one, putting my camera to good use. I also roped racing newbie Pamela Diego into volunteering. She was hooked and this isn't even a real adventure race. Check out the full results and links to all my pictures and more at Bonk Hard Racing.





No comments: