Sunday, April 26, 2009

TRUMAN LAKE ADVENTURE RACE

PRAISE AND ADULATION

"I had been so busy with my own events, there's been no time to train for long distances. So when a friend asked me to race this 50 miler, of course I said yes. We put together a 1st time team and threw all our new bikes (thanks to the greatest bike store on Earth, Epic Bike Store in Kansas City) on the disco and headed to Missouri. Can I just say although we didn't have the best finish time, I had the best time! The area was gorgeous and mtn bike trails INTENSE. Don't think I would head out for just any race right after a week in Mexico, I knew Kelly's would be great--and was right. Can't wait for next year! Off Road Fixation--you rock!" Team LA (Lake Adventures) - Promoter of the Milford Lake Extreme

"We really enjoyed the race. It was fun to race in an area unfamiliar to us. I'm sure we will be back up to ride the trails sometime. Thanks for all your hard work, we understand what it takes to put on a race, no matter how many teams are involved. We've been telling all our adventure race friends about it and plan to be back next year." Cynthia - Team Kuat

"That’s a nice area for a race, and I’ll be back for sure." - Steve Dietiker - Advengineers

"I wanted to let you know I had SO MUCH fun at the AR this past weekend. You did a wonderful job and I really look forward to doing more races you put on! Thanks for everything and please tell Judith and your girls thank you for volunteering!!" - Amanda Clausen, Team Off Road Fixation (OK this one might be a little biased - nobody said I was fair and balanced)

"Kelly, you are one crazy, sexy, cool guy...and you dance better than anyone on the race course" - Judith Sumner (oops...Judith just walked in and caught me making this one up! She says it's all true...but the dancing part)

No comments: